A number of fitness trackers are available in the market but the question is that whether you are looking for a basic fitness band or a Full GPS enabled Smartwatch. If you just want to track your steps on the daily basis then you should go for basic fitness tracker or you want a Full featured watch so that you can track every step or some running with the GPS functionality. Everyone wants a tech device which has more features and yet looks like a simple band as people really doesn’t want to go around with a tech device on their wrists. So here we are with our filtered list of Best fitness bands.
Fit bit Charge HR
It is available with two sizes of small and large and the large size is having the dimensions of 20.8*2*1cm. it has a display size 0.7inch OLED with the weight of 22g.which has a compatibility of Android, iOS, and windows phone. Its battery will last up to 5 days it is available with the connectivity of Bluetooth 4.0. It is available to buy with the cost of $128 approx. in the international market and 13000INR approx. in the Indian market. It is available in different colors of black, plum, teal, blue and tangerine with the matching screen color. It has the crown of being the best fitness band in the market. It has a LED display along with the control button. Herat tracker sensor is situated at the back of the fitness band which continuously tracks the heart rate. It tracks the heart rate, active minutes, workouts, distance, calories burned, floors that you have climbed and steps you have taken. It has a silent alarm which tracks your sleep cycle and wakes you up with a gentle vibration alert.
Image Source: wareable.com
Fitbit Charge HR pros and cons:-
- Comfortable to wear with the attractive design
- It will track almost all exercises
- It has a good feature of automatic exercise detection, it can detect the exercise easily and itself.
- It has a slim design
- It has an affordable price to buy.
- It will work with windows, Android and iPhone
- With this you’ll be able to join your friends and even you can compete with them.
- It allows you to connect with a number of third-party apps
- It has a Five day battery life
- It is not a waterproof device
- OLED display will turn off automatically after some time
- Tracking is not much attractive
- It may lacks in counting run tracks
- It will have heart rate accuracy issues
- It has a very simple sleep tracking capability while some other watches have more data as compared to this.
Samsung Gear Fit 2
Samsung Gear Fit 2 is available in two different sizes of small and large with the large size it has a dimension of 20.8*2*1 cm. while this fitness tracker has a display size of 0.7 inch which is further is an OLED display. It comprises a total weight of 22 grams. It is compatible with the Android, iOS, and Windows smartphones with the battery life of 5 days approximately this device also has the connectivity of Bluetooth 4.0. It is available on online shopping sites with the cost of approx. $162 in the international market and approx. 10900 INR in the Indian market for purchase.it is available with the black, blue and pink color options. It also has an in-built Spotify app. It automatically tracks your moves so as to recognize the exercise you are doing right now.it will do the accurate tracking to your activity through the in-built GPS.
Samsung Gear Fit 2 pros and cons:-
- It is available with an affordable price
- It has almost Top features and it is also a GPS-enabled fitness tracker
- It has a comfortable fit which will not bother you
- It also has a crisp display
- It is having a hearty rate monitoring
- You can also store music up to 1000 songs
- It also features Automatic exercise detection and it will do all day tracking of sleeping and running
- It is not a waterproof device as well; you can’t wear it during shower or swimming.
- It has a very less battery life
- Sometimes it lacks in the compatibility options
- Heart rate tracking is not up to the mark and it fluctuates sometimes
- It also has a limited text reply option
- It will not support an iPhone
- It includes a Samsung’s health app which is a bit confusing.
Microsoft Band 2
Microsoft Band 2 has a size of 12.8 * 32 cm with the display size of 320* 128 and it is actually having an AMOLED display with the total weight of 55 grams. This is compatible with Windows Android and iOS smartphones; it has a battery life of 2 days only which is a major drawback of it. It also provides connectivity through Bluetooth 4.0. It is also having a new barometer sensor. It is available with the cost of £199.99 in the international market and for 9800 INR approx. in the Indian market to purchase through online shopping sites. It looks to be a hybrid band with the designs of Samsung gear fit and the first Microsoft band. It has a metrics display option for sleep tracking, regarding its duration, no of times you woke up from the sleep, Your efficiency percentage , how many calories you have burned while sleeping and was your sleeping really restful? It will track your running, sleeping, biking, golf and more.
Microsoft Band 2 Pros and cons:-
- It has a great screen with curved AMOLED display
- It is very Easy to setup
- It has customizable workouts
- It has an added barometer sensor
- Sleep tracking, heart rate monitoring, and step tracking are good
- It can also track golfing, biking and running.
- It is an expensive device; its price is more similar to a smart watch
- Its Battery life is very poor it only supports for two days battery backup.
- Its guidance functionality is not much helpful and clear for workouts
- It doesn’t provide you a social connectivity
It is available with the dimensions of 220*12.2*3.0mm or 220*12.2*9.3mm, it doesn’t include a display, while it has compatibility with Android and iOS smartphones. Its battery is good and will last up to 7 days. It also has a Bluetooth connectivity of 4.0 LE. It is available with the price of £62 in the international market whereas of 4000 INR approx. in the Indian market and you can also purchase it through some online shopping sites. It synchronizes through wireless networks and tracks your sleep with light deep and REM sleep mode. This fitness tracker will wakes you up silently through smart alarm with the optimal time in your sleep cycle.
Jawbone UP3 Pros and cons:-
- It has an attractive design
- It includes a smart coach which is also useful
- It provides you a strong support for third party apps
- It also has a wonderful battery life
- It is also having a good step tracking capability
- It doesn’t have a display
- It is not a waterproof device
- It doesn’t have a continuous heart tracker
- It is expensive as compared to other fitness trackers of the same category.
It is compatible with Android and iOS and is having a 1.36” PMOLED display with the thickness of 11.2 mm and battery life which will last till 5 days. It has a charging method of charging through USB charger. It also includes waterproofing of 2ATM it provides connectivity through Bluetooth LE. It is available for online shopping on different shopping sites with the cost of $130 in the international market and 8800 approx. in the Indian market. It has good looks with the comfort of wearing on the wrist. It has an awesome response to touch gestures.
UA Band Pros and Cons:-
- It is a light weight product
- It has a comfortable fit and it is secure also
- It will accurately track your steps and sleep
- It includes a responsive touch screen
- It is very easy and a great fun to deal with
- It has an average screen
- It doesn’t always save the sleep tracking details
- Its distance tracking is also not always accurate
- Slightly expensive as compared to others
It includes a size which fits the wrists up to 230mm; it also includes a 1 inch display with the weight of 9 grams. It is compatible with the Android and iOS and its battery last up to eight months which is obviously a jaw dropping feature as compared to other fitness trackers. It also provides connectivity through Bluetooth LE; it is also available on different online shopping sites to purchase with a cost of around $80 in the international market and approx.5400 INR in the Indian market. It has an E ink display which is highly readable ink. You can have it on your way like you can wear it on your wrist or you can keep it in your pocket or you can simply clipped it with your sportswear. It is very easy to handle the fitness band.
Withings Go Pros and cons:-
- It has very strong battery backup
- It’s a basic device with affordable price
- It is easy to use
- Best sleep and Fitness tracking capability
- It is a Waterproof fitness tracker which provides water resistance while swimming.
- Design is very simple quite similar to many available devices, in short, an unattractive band.
- It doesn’t track many exercises.
- Doesn’t have an extra watch face to know your health related data.
Next in the list is Fitbit Charge which is available in two different sizes of small and large while large has a dimension of 20.8*2*1 cm with the display of 7.0 inches OLED display. It is available with the weight of 22 grams. It is also compatible with Android, iOS and Windows smartphone. It has a Battery which will last until 7-10 days. It provides connectivity through Bluetooth. This fitness band is also available on different shopping sites with the cost of around $ 150 in the international market and approx. 10000INR in the Indian market place. It synchronizes the all stats automatically and through wireless networks to your computer and it can cover up to 150 smartphones that are leading in the digital market nowadays.
Fitbit Charge Pros and Cons:
- It has a Comfortable design
- It has a bright display so it will be easy to view the display during day time.
- It has an automatic sleep tracking function
- Battery life is really good
- Sync with multiple varieties of the phone.
- It has automatic exercise detection
- It can track almost every exercise.
- Smart watch features are limited
- Lacks in vibration alerts
- Fitbit app seems outdated
- It doesn’t have an option of Heart tracking.
- It lacks in Run tracking also.
Garmin Vivo fit 2
Next fitness band is the Garmin VIVO fit 2 with the size of 152-210 mm. It has a display size of 25.5 mm* 10 mm with the weight of 25.5 grams. This fitness band is compatible with the Android and iOS smartphones. It comes with a great and powerful battery life that will last more than a year. It also provides connectivity through Bluetooth. This fitness band is also available on different shopping websites with the cost of around $60 in the international market and approx.4000 INR in the Indian market. It is very affordable but sometimes it fails to synchronize with the devices. It has a function to record the activity with the heart rate monitor or without the heart rate track.
Garmin Vivo fit 2 Pros and cons:-
- It consists of a good activity tracking
- It has a comfortable design and great build
- It has an awesome battery life
- It has an always shining display
- It is a waterproof fitness tracker
- The new models include multiple new modes and features like a backlight, audible alert messages, stop watch mode, inactivity alerts etc.
- Sometimes it fails to sync with the devices
- It doesn’t have a smartphone notification feature
- Any Upgrade is also not available
- It doesn’t include any detailed information
- Sleep and run tracking is that useful.
Withings Activite Pop
It is basically a medium sized watch with an analogue watch face plus and an analogue step count dial. It has a total weight of 37 grams and it is compatible with the Android and iOS. It provides connectivity through Bluetooth. It has 8 months of battery life. It is available with the cost of £119 in the international market and approx.5900 INR in the Indian market for online shopping through different shopping websites. It can analyze a sleep cycle by light and deep sleep; it also includes an alarm which is actually silent for the great start of a day and has a vibration alert for gentle wake up call. It also includes a free Health mate app for the real time coaching regarding better health.
Withings Activite Pop Pros and Cons:
- It has stylish looks and great design
- Battery is very powerful that will last up to 8 months
- It also has an integration with the My fitness pal
- It is a waterproof fitness tracker
- Good sleep and activity tracking details
- It is not compatible with windows smartphones
- It is affordable, easy to use and wear also.
- It doesn’t include background sync
- It could have more detailed features
- It doesn’t store the data beyond a day or half of a day.
- Analog Faces only shows daily goal progress but it doesn’t provide any other data
- It doesn’t have any heart rate tracking
- Not an ideal fitness band for running and sports
- It provides only limited views to the users.
Fitbit Alta is the next fitness band in the category, it has a small 128*36 px, a 14-inch display which is actually an OLED display and the screen fits itself in the middle of the quick release band. This fitness tracker is also available for online shopping through different shopping sites with the cost of $130 in the international market and approx.8700 INR in the Indian market. It tracks your running, steps and distance through a three –axis accelerometer. It is absolutely a stylish fitness tracker but doesn’t have a heart rate tracker.
Fitbit Alta Pros and Cons:-
- It has an awesome battery life
- It also features movement reminders
- It is a light weight fitness tracker with the simple yet stylish design
- It is comfortable to wear whether it is a night or day time.
- Tap sensitive screen is not very responsive.
- It is not a waterproof fitness band or tracker
- It doesn’t even have a GPS
- It doesn’t have a heart rate tracker.
- It includes a very sensitive step tracker.
Fitbit blaze is a simple and decent fitness tracker with 16 color display with an LCD touchscreen display of 1.25 inches. It is available in different colors with the cost of $99 approx. and it is also available with a Stainless steel bracelet with the cost of $129 approx. in the international market and 8700 INR in the Indian market. It has a strap color of Black, blue or plum colors.
It offers multiple functionalities like heart rate monitoring , all days activity tracking , it also includes sleep tracking with the call and text notifications. It has a connected GPS system which provides accurate data related to your tracking, work outs, and positioning. It has the functions to track steps, active minutes, floor climbed and calories burned. It basically uses multi-sport tracking for track cardio, running, biking , cross training and much more.
Fitbit Blaze pros and Cons:-
- It offers you a great all round stats regarding all the activities
- It also includes a Top Friendly app for beginners
- It also had a good battery life
- It has good fitness watch faces
- It provides basic guidance for workouts
- Heart Rate tracker is not up to the mark
- GPS doesn’t work without a smartphone
- It doesn’t include an inbuilt GPS
- It is not a waterproof device
- It lacks in notifications support from third party.
- Display is not that attractive
- Design is also not trendy as it has a pop out design when we want to change straps or to charge the device.
It has a 6 months life of a battery; it is also a water resistant fitness band. It is compatible with the Android as well as iOS app. It tracks the calories you have burned during exercises, distance you have travelled so far; sleep tracking and steps tracking as well. It is available on online shopping sites with the cost of £80 in the international market and approx. 4000 INR in the Indian market.It has a multicolor LED lights which is situated at the back of small slit with the length of 3mm .There are many color options regarding the strap which you can easily change just by screwing it to both the edges of the cylindrical fitness tracker.
Misfit Ray pros and cons:-
- Doesn’t look like a fitness tracker, it is a sleek yet trendy fitness tracker
- It is a water-resistant fitness tracker so you can wear it while swimming.
- It has a good battery life without charging
- Its sleep tracking is good and accurate
- It’s comfortable while wearing, it won’t pop out itself.
- It also has vibration alerts.
- It tracks activity automatically
- Not suitable for all wrists
- It doesn’t have any display or buttons.
- It has only glowing lights for notifications.
- Misfit app is not that good.
We have mentioned above some of the best fitness trackers around the globe, along with the special features and functionalities of a particular fitness tracker. We have also mentioned the price of every fitness tracker with their pros and cons.